Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant. Antioxidants protect against damage to the body’s cells. The oxidation of free radicals in the body is needed to prevent a state of chronic disease within the body.
These free radicals are produced in times of stress. Alpha Lipoic Acid also helps alleviate nerve pain associated with diabetic neuropathy.
Alpha-lipoic acid 600mg
Because of alpha-lipoic acid’s antioxidant properties, energy production by the cells can go on unimpeded. The result is improved energy and enhanced health.
What is Alpha-lipoic Acid?
Because alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant, it can help protect against cell damage. Specifically, alpha-lipoic acid prevents waste products called free radicals.
Free radicals are filled with unpaired electrons that are looking to complete their molecular chain. Because of that, free radicals look for any other molecules to bond with. Unfortunately, their bonding causes a negative reaction, which causes cell damage.
Antioxidants help prevent these negative reactions. Free radicals can bond with antioxidants, preventing any significant molecular damage.
Benefits of Alpha-lipoic acid
Besides its antioxidant properties, alpha-lipoic can help improve:
- Blood sugar levels
- Nerve numbness and pain
- Healing wounds
- Skin health
- Weight loss
- Heart disease
Do You Have Signs of Deficiency?
- Weakened immune system — If you find that your clients are having trouble getting over illnesses, this may be due to deficient alpha-lipoic acid levels.
- Memory problems — One of the ways to determine deficient alpha-lipoic acid levels is by recurring memory problems. Alpha-lipoic acid can help promote nerve health.
- Smaller muscle mass — If you have a client with declining or unusually small muscle mass, check alpha-lipoic acid levels. Alpha-lipoic acid helps in cellular energy production, which should result in healthier muscles.
- Chronic fatigue — Since alpha-lipoic acid helps the cells work more efficiently, proper levels could help course correct chronic fatigue.
- Reduced blood circulation — If extremities are continuously cold, or activities seem harder than they should be, your patient could be suffering from poor circulation. A regular dosage of alpha-lipoic acid could correct circulation problems, restoring circulation to where it should be.